A Passion for Orthodontics
I love what I do! It gives me great pleasure to be part of the transformations that occur when a person goes through orthodontic treatment.
Each patient is unique and brings something new and wonderful to our office. I watch each of them change and grow as they see their teeth straighten and their new smile develop. They become more outgoing and social; they engage and laugh with their peers and my team. Seeing their self-esteem build, along with their confidence in their interactions with the world, never fails to make me smile.
As an orthodontist, I’m always looking for new ways to enhance each patient’s treatment experience. Whether I’m bringing in new technology, or using a revolutionary treatment process, I want to improve the journey and results. At the same time, I don’t want to use the latest-and-greatest process until I know it’s effective, comfortable, and efficient.
My Education and Commitment to Continuing Education
- Harry S. Truman High School – Taylor, MI
- Bachelor of Science in biochemistry – University of Michigan, Dearborn
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Master of Science and certificate in orthodontics – University of Detroit Mercy
Orthodontics is a constantly evolving discipline. My patients trust me to deliver the best care, the most comfortable treatment, and the most amazing smile results. By actively participating in continuing education courses — locally, regionally, and nationally — I ensure their expectations are exceeded. I’m also a part-time faculty member with the University of Detroit Mercy Department of Graduate Orthodontics. This keeps me aware of all the developments in our field.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Association of Orthodontists
- Michigan Dental Association
- Detroit Orthodontic Alumni Association
- Detroit District Dental Society
I was born in India and moved to the US when I was 12. I regard Michigan as my home. My wife Shaffo and I live in Northville with our young twins, Ali and Aisha. When I’m not caring for patients, I love to spend time with our large, extended families, who live throughout southeast Michigan.